Monday, November 14, 2011
12: Week of Nov. 7
This week I was thinking a lot about classroom management and the different methods you use depending on what age group you are dealing with. For example, in Kindergarten Kindergarten, what works well is complimenting a student when others are misbehaving and immediately the others will start doing what you want them to. In middle school, if I did this, they would make fun of the student I complimented! In Kindergarten, I can "move someone's bee" and they will be devastated. In middle school, if you tried a system like that, they would all just laugh at you. In Kindergarten, singing songs and doing other exciting activiites like that are great motivation. In middle school, getting out of work is motivation. I think it is definately important to realize this, and teach age appropriately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.