Friday, October 14, 2011

8: Week of Oct. 10

This week I taught the morning calendar activities as well as Math. I really had fun planning the activities, and I think I did pretty well teaching it. One thing I know I need to work on is not feeling bad about disciplining students. The students each have a bee in the green bee hive and if they get in trouble they have to move it to the yellow hive. If they get in trouble again, they have to move to the red hive. I know I should move more bees, but I always feel bad and don't. This is something I am going to work on next week because I know it would help the students listen to me better. Overall though, I did not have any major behavior issues. In planning for my full-time teaching next week, I realize what a HUGE task this is! It was not too hard because all three Kindergarten teachers brought me materials and gave me lots of ideas, so I just had to schedule everything in and pick what I wanted. If I had to come up with everything on my own, it would have been very difficult. I can see again how important it is to stay organized, get things done in a timely manner, and plan ahead as much as possible. I am also going to be starting the writing curriculum next week which I am excited about. This is a part of my Inquiry project, so I am hoping it will turn out well and the students will enjoy it. I am interested to see the variations in ability level among the students as well as the rate of progress they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.