Sunday, September 18, 2011

4: Week of Sept. 12

Since the beginning of school, my students have been working on their multiplication tables, something all of them struggle with. They have been using a computer to practice daily, they made flashcards, and they do practice problems. This week, we did 4's. Up until now, they have been pretty confident, but this week was different. They needed a lot more help and encouragement to try. On Friday, they took their test and they all did great! I was so happy to see their progress and that their hard work paid off. This coming week should be easy because they are all already very good with their 5's. I now have only one week left in this placement. While I am excited to go to Kindergarten, I will definitely miss the students I have now. Middle school is much different that elementary because the students are in the stage where they feel like they should be treated as adults, but still act very immaturely. I have a lot of respect for middle school teachers. Their job is anything but easy! The good middle school teachers have learned to balance treating the students more like adults, but also supervising very carefully because sometimes the students can get very out of hand. If I have learned one thing about middle schoolers, it is that most of what they do is in order to look a certain way to their friends. They will do anything to impress others. This can be scary at times! I want to try to have a great last week and enjoy what time I have left with older kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.